Professional Development Webinars
If you were not able to join us for any of our spring/summer multi-day conferences but still need professional development hours, make sure to bookmark our webinars page to keep an eye on our 90-minute webinar schedule for the Fall of 2012. Developmental Resources offers 90-minute webinars which enable attendees to access live how-to training from experts on a variety of topics ranging from bullying to self-injury to cybersafety to manipulative students. Recorded webinars are also available.
Upcoming Webinar Topics
- Tough Love Meets Zero Tolerance: Lessons Learned in One of Canada’s Toughest Urban Schools with Dave Derpak & Chris Parker – Tuesday 8/7/12 @ 11:30 am and 2:00 pm Eastern
- Black Girl Blues: An Examination of Intra-racial Bullying with Carolyn Strong – Thursday 8/16/12 @ 11:30 am and 2:00 pm Eastern
Please check back often. Plans are underway for webinars on topics such as:
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Schools vs. Legal Responsibility
- Brain Research
- SMART Guidance
- Sexting & Texting
Our webinars are conducted via WebEx which makes it possible for the presenter to be visible by attendees while also sharing content via a PowerPoint® presentation or another means of media. The WebEx chat function is a great feature that makes it possible for attendees to submit questions to the presenter, which are usually addressed during the final 15 minutes of the webinar. Handout materials are typically provided to attendees prior to the webinar to make it easy to follow along with the speaker.
If you would like to test your computer’s ability to view our webinars:
- Simply click or copy and paste this link into your browser: www.webex.com/lp/jointest
- Enter your name and email address and click the JOIN button.
- Cisco WebEx Meeting will automatically setup your computer and connect you to the test meeting room.