If you had only 10 minutes with a student, what skills could you teach that would give him/ her the best chance to succeed in ALL aspects of life?
Self-Regulation includes a universal set of skills necessary for academic success, emotional control and healthy social interaction. In this informative 90-minute webinar, author and consultant Brad Chapin will provides key strategies to use with all students, and in particular those who have behavioral/emotional self-control and/or impulse-control issues.
Helping children learn Self-Regulation will have a positive impact on their anger problems, academic performance challenges, anxieties, school safety issues, self-esteem struggles, social troubles and more. This approach focuses on teaching children how to improve self-management of their emotions, thoughts and behaviors.
The insights, strategies and activities presented in this webinar are based soundly upon the evidence base of cognitive-behavior psychology. They are also consistent with the principles founding the RTI/MTSS and Positive Behavior Supports movements. These approaches are creative, fresh and engaging in a way that will help create quick and observable changes in young people. Using the strategies presented in this webinar can help you to increase the long-term impact of your work with children.
- Gain understanding of how to organize and implement strategies in a way that is most effective for addressing many problem areas
- Learn step-by-step strategies/activities to teach children how to increase self-regulation including:
- Cooling the Flame
- My Warning Signs
- Melting Freeze
- You Can’t Make Me Laugh
- Emotional Expression
- Challenge Software Program
- Defiance Trap
- Develop a level of understanding of the Self-Regulation Training Framework sufficient for teaching children, parents, administrators and other professionals.
ATTENDING THIS WEBINAR IS EASY:
- Easy to access (even for the technically challenged)
- No additional software to install
- Listen directly through your computer speakers OR dial-in via telephone (long distance rates may apply)
- 3-5 attendees – 10% off
- 6-9 attendees – 15% off
- 10-19 attendees – 20% off
- 20+ attendees – 25% off
- Site License – $295 (for multiple participants at same site using same access; additional fee for more than 8 CE certificates)
THIS WEBINAR IS RECOMMENDED FOR:
- Classroom Teachers
- Special Education Personnel
- Counselors (All levels)
- Social Workers (All levels)
- School Personnel
- School Psychologists
- Special Education Personnel
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Brad Chapin, LCP, LMLP
Brad is a masters level psychologist and a recognized speaker in the area of Self-Regulation. He is also the Director for Children’s Services at Horizons Mental Health Center. Brad has a passion for teaching parents and school professionals the importance of helping children develop healthy Self-Regulation skills. He continues to create innovative strategies utilizing technology to engage children in the process. Brad believes that Self-Regulation provides an easy-to-learn and easy-to-implement framework for addressing many of the problem areas children and families experience including ADHD, anger/behavior problems, academic issues, social/emotional problems, Autism Spectrum Disorders and anxiety/depression. Brad is the author of Helping Young People Learn About Self-Regulation and the creator of the Challenge Software (www.cpschallenge.com) program for children.