Have you ever wondered how to make social/emotional lessons more concrete or experience-oriented? Or maybe you have a few students who seem to be disengaged.
This innovative 90-minute webinar will equip teachers, counselors and other helping professionals with engaging, hands-on activities and experience-oriented session ideas that teach or reinforce therapeutic concepts. Each strategy presented can be used in a variety of ways and to address several different issues. A few of the topics addressed will be resiliency, self-regulation, bullying, identity formation, motivation, problem solving/making choices, and behavior-based issues such as attending, appropriate emotional expression, and assertiveness. A sampling of some of the strategies that will be presented includes:
- Learn how to create a body profile to help identify specific action steps that need to be taken to accomplish a goal or to begin the change process.
- Learn how to construct narratives using objects.
- Learn how to create a foundation block to help stay focused on a desired task or one’s priorities.
- Learn how to incorporate music, art and media to enhance emotional expression.
- Learn how to create journals that are not limited to pen and paper.
In addition to ideas that can be used immediately, participants will be introduced to creative resources that will help when developing activities and/or prompts to use with future students. Tips will be given that will assist the helping professional in designing interventions to help meet the needs of his/her population. While the strategies and activities are geared toward K-8th grade, the presenter has implemented many of these ideas across the student lifespan.
Join counselor, author and speaker Dr. Paula Cox as she leads participants those these innovative and insightful strategies.
What You Will Learn:
Participants will learn how to:
- Understand the rationale and value for using hands-on experiences to reinforce
- Discover how to facilitate therapeutic expression.
- Apply hands-on session ideas and prompts that can be used immediately.
- Integrate resources to use when generating and developing ideas for future student interactions.
- Click here to register for the 11:30 am Eastern Time WEBINAR.
- Click here to register for the 11:30 am Eastern Time SITE LICENSE
- Click here to register for the 2:00 pm Eastern Time WEBINAR.
- Click here to register for the 2:00 Pm Eastern Time SITE LICENSE
The $49 registration fee includes a PDF copy of the PowerPoint presentation that will accompany the live presentation. This will be emailed to each registrant the afternoon prior to the webinar.
THIS WEBINAR IS RECOMMENDED FOR:
- School Counselors
- Counselors in Agencies and Private Practice
- Other Professionals Working with Children
- Classroom Teachers
- Special Education Personnel
- Social Workers (beginner & intermediate)
- After-School Program Coordinators
- At-Risk Coordinators
2:00 PM EASTERN TIME
$295 Site License
2:00 PM EASTERN TIME
Click here to register with a purchase order. We also accept purchase orders by fax or mail.
Available for attendees from the same school system or private practice.
- 3-5 Attendees 10% off
- 6-9 Attendees 15% off
- 10+ Attendees 20% off
- Site License $295 (for multiple participants at same site using same access; additional fee for more than 8 CE certificates)
In order to be eligible for group discounts, ALLregistrations must be submitted at the SAMEtime.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Dr. Paula Cox
Paula Cox has worked as a counselor for the past 15 years in mental health, school and private practice settings. Currently, she is an Adjunct Professor within the Counselor Education Program at the University of Mississippi and provides supervision for counselors seeking LPC licensure. She also speaks several times a year at counseling-related conferences. Dr. Cox earned her Ph.D. from the University of Mississippi and is the author of Create-It Counseling and co-author of Therapeutic Interventions using Non-Therapeutic Games.
Links to PowerPoint resource packet are emailed the day prior to the webinar.
Research-based, outcome-based continuing education opportunities from Developmental Resources may qualify for funding under Title 1 Part A Targeted Assistance Program Grants; Title II Part A Improving Teacher Quality Grants; Perkins Professional Technical Education Grants as well as other federal, state and local sources. Requirements vary from state to state. Contact your local administrator.
CE CONTACT HOURS:
1.5 contact hours are available through NBCC and ASWB:
ASWB (#1053): This organization, Developmental Resources, ACE #: 1053 is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. The Developmental Resources maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 2013-2016. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 1.5 clinical continuing education clock hours.
NBCC (#5602): Developmental Resources is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
To access a test to make sure you will be able to view our webinars:
- Check the system requirements to see if Webex supports your operating system.
- Simply click or copy and paste this link into your browser:http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest
- Enter your name and email address and click the JOIN button.
- Cisco WebEx Meeting will automatically setup your computer and connect you to the test meeting room.
Note: There is no audio in this test meeting room. For further assistance, contact the WebEx Support Team at 1-866-229-3239.
Requests for the recorded version (due to technical difficulties or scheduling issues) may be sent via email up to 30 calendar days after the LIVE event. Developmental Resources reserves the right to cancel any webinar in the event of insufficient registration in which case a full refund will be issued. If, for any reason, we are forced to reschedule a webinar, and you cannot attend, you will be issued a voucher or a refund.
Certificates of completion for this webinar, which indicate 1.5 contact hours of continuing education, will be emailed within 7 calendar days of the LIVE event. In many cases, depending on your profession and jurisdiction, this Certificate of Completion is sufficient for tracking your continuing education and professional development efforts. We suggest you contact your local board of governing agency to see exactly what steps are necessary for approval in your particular discipline. Please note that Developmental Resources is also an approved provider for the following national and regional accrediting agencies.
Substitutions are welcome at any time prior to the LIVE event. All cancellations incur a $15 administrative fee and must be received via email or fax at least three days prior to the LIVE webinar date. NO refunds will be issued on cancellations received after that date.
UPCOMING NATIONAL CONFERENCES: