Dr. Randy Sprick believes educators should convey clear expectations of desired behaviors – by giving specific examples of behavior “balls and strikes.”
Creator of the Safe & Civil Schools program, Dr. Sprick will deliver a plenary session entitled Reducing Barriers to Learning within a Multi-Tiered System of Support at the School Climate & Culture Forum in Las Vegas. He will also present the following sessions during the main conference:
- A Framework for Improving Schoolwide Climate, Safety and Discipline
- Teacher’s Encyclopedia of Behavior Management: 100 Problems/500 Plans
Scholars struggle to consistently define and distinguish the terms, but educators agree on the need to transform both “climate” and “culture” to improve academic outcomes. This event features practical, real-world initiatives that are successfully transforming the quality, character and personality of schools. It showcases programs, assessments and tools proven to improve school culture and climate. Evidence-based and research-based interventions will be introduced, while the forum also highlights high-potential efforts currently being implemented in the laboratory of everyday school life. REGISTER NOW!
|Dr. Randy Sprick
Multi-Tiered Support Thought Leader, Creator Safe & Civil SchoolsLAS VEGAS
Supportive Discipline Innovator, Creator Responsibility-Centered DisciplineLAS VEGAS
Founder, Girls on the Run InternationalLAS VEGAS
International Speaker, Author, Expert on Working with Disruptive StudentsLAS VEGAS
INNOVATIVE SCHOOLS SUMMIT – LAS VEGAS 2017!
The School Climate & Culture Forum is part of the 2017 Innovative Schools Summit Las Vegas, which will convene at Caesars Palace June 27-30. Attendees receive complimentary access (on a space-available basis) to all Summit events including:
- School Climate & Culture Forum
- School Discipline Conference
- Girl Bullying & Empowerment Conference
- Innovative Teaching Strategies Conference
A limited number of rooms are available at a special conference room rate of $135/night (June 26-29th only/ then $279/night from June 30). Space is limited. Reserve your room today! The name of the group is Innovative Schools Summit.
- Student-Led Discipline: Teaching Your Students to Manage Themselves
- Effective Climate Surveys: You Can’t Know What You Don’t Ask!
- How to Motivate the Unmotivated: Teaching with Poverty in Mind
- How to Reach the (Sometimes) Hard-to-Reach