New Wired Differently Conference Keynoter Dr. Steve Sandoval is a practicing administrator who believes transitioning to competency-based leveling provides significant benefits – especially for students with challenges.
Executive Director of Special Services at a large school district in Colorado, Dr. Sandoval was recently named one of Education Week’s Leaders to Learn From.
Now in its 5th year, the Wired Differently Conference is an information-packed event that showcases a wide array of best practices for reaching and teaching students with emotional and behavioral challenges – especially in inclusive settings. REGISTER NOW!
PRE-CONFERENCE OPPORTUNITIES – 6/21/17 – Register for a conference bundle!
Morning Sessions: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Brian Mendler, M.Ed. – Motivating & Managing Hard-to-Reach, Uninterested & Disruptive Students
- Rick Fernandez, Ed.D. – Hiring and Staffing for Success with Turnaround Schools
- Rick Shaw – Active Shooter: Lessons Learned from Sandy Hook & Other Violent Incidents
- Craig McCullough – Autism & Trauma Connections and Interactions – What Educators Need to Understand
Afternoon Sessions: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Larry Thompson, M.Ed. – Closing the Exits off the Road to Responsibility: Supportive, Non-Exclusionary Discipline
- Mike Paget, M.Ed. – Positive Behavioral Supports with Students Who Are Wired Differently
- Brad Chapin, MS, LCP, LMLP – Self- Regulation Training: Framework for Success
- Mike Shaw – Youth Risk-Taking Behavior: Shifting the Mindset