A message from Steph Jensen:
Award-winning author and international speaker, Steph Jensen will present a keynote session at the School Climate & Culture Conference.
Scholars struggle to consistently define and distinguish the terms, but educators agree on the need to transform both “climate” and “culture” to improve academic outcomes. This event features practical, real-world initiatives that are successfully transforming the quality, character and personality of schools. It showcases programs, assessments and tools proven to improve school culture and climate. Evidence-based and research-based interventions will be introduced, while the forum also highlights high-potential efforts currently being implemented in the laboratory of everyday school life. REGISTER NOW!
- Student-Led Discipline: Teaching Your Students to Manage Themselves
- Effective Climate Surveys: You Can’t Know What You Don’t Ask!
- How to Motivate the Unmotivated: Teaching with Poverty in Mind
- How to Reach the (Sometimes) Hard-to-Reach
PRE-CONFERENCES – TUESDAY, JUNE 27TH – ADD A CONFERENCE BUNDLE!
MORNING PRE-CONFERENCES: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Larry Thompson, M.Ed. – Closing the Exits off the Road to Responsibility: Supportive, Non-Exclusionary Discipline
- Rick Shaw – Effective Climate Surveys: You Can’t Know What You Don’t Ask
- Mike Paget, M.Ed. – The PBIS/MTSS Maze: Avoiding Dangerous Pitfalls & Finding the Path to Success
- Kaye Randall, MSW, LISW-CP – Teaching Self-Regulation: Helping Students Excel in School & Life
AFTERNOON PRE-CONFERENCES: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Brian Mendler, M.Ed. – Motivating & Managing Hard-to-Reach, Uninterested & Disruptive Students
- Richard Guerry – Cultivating Positive School Climate with Guidelines & Tools for Digital Abuse Prevention
- Eric Clark, M.Ed. – 25 Tech Tools Teachers Can Use to Enhance Student Engagement
- Stephanie Jensen, MS, LPC – Mean Girls: Addressing & Preventing Bullying, Cyberbullying & Relational